TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) programs are federal outreach and student services programs designed to identify and provide services for individuals from various backgrounds.
The mission of the TRIO SSS program is to help TRIO students successfully navigate the college process to graduate from USF.
TRIO is our nation’s commitment to the dream of education for all Americans regardless of race, ethnic background, or economic circumstance.
TRIO is a federally-funded college opportunity program that motivates and supports students in their pursuit of a college degree. TRIO programs provide mentoring, motivation, encouragement, counseling, financial literacy, grant aid (if qualified), tutoring, and other support necessary for educational success and persistence.
Who Is Eligible?
- U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States
- Students who plan on graduating from University of Saint Francis
- Students who are pursuing their first Bachelor’s Degree
- Students in any year may apply; however, if a student is a first-time freshman, he or she must be a full-time student
- Additionally, students must meet one or more of the following qualifications:
- First-generation college student (neither parent has a Bachelor’s Degree);
- Meet federal income guidelines. (http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/trio/incomelevels.html);
- Individuals with a documented disability registered with Student Disability Services.
The TRIO SSS program is 100 percent federally funded by the U.S. Department of Education at $220,000 annually to serve 140 students, with in-kind contributions from USF.